Our presenter, Clayton Cranford, is a law enforcement professional and one of the nation’s leading educators on social media and behavioral threat assessments. He is the author of Parenting in a Digital World and administrator of cybersafetycop.com.
What apps are on your child’s phone? What social media are they using? What age should a child have a smart phone? Digital technology is an excellent tool to make and enhance social relationships, however, it can also expose users to risk.
Sergeant Cranford will discuss:
• Current impact of bullying in schools;
• Current bullying trends; How to deal with a bully
• Risks associated with popular social media sites
• "Sexting" and online predators
• How to set expectations and consequences
• Online security considerations
• How to monitor online activity
• School discipline and legal issues
FOR PARENTS ONLY. Thank you for understanding that children may not attend this event.