Please join us for this panel discussion featuring Moe Gelbart, PhD, Leah Niehaus, LCSW, Hanah Archer, a Redondo Beach parent, as well as a current high school student. The introduction and moderation will be provided by Dr. Nicole Wesley, Director of Student Services, Redondo Beach Unified School District.
Topics covered will include:
- What's trending among youth in our community
- Common stressors, including social media, the college entrance process, parental expectation, and need for peer acceptance vs. being one's authentic self.
- Stress as seen through a teen's lens
- Anxiety and depression in youth
- Warning signs, including substance use, escape through excessive gaming, reverse sleep patterns, etc.
- Strategies for parents to help their kids navigate all of the above in a healthy way