HALEY WEBB, COLLEGE STUDENT AT MIAMI UNIVERSITY OF OHIO, SHARES HER REASONS TO say "I'll pass" when it comes to drugs and alcohol.
1) I Pass On It because there are plenty of ways to have fun that don’t involve drugs or alcohol. Some of my favorites are hiking, going to the beach, seeing a movie, or exercising.
2) I Pass On it because I would rather save the money I earn than waste it on drugs or alcohol.
3) I Pass On It because according to the American Medical Association, teens who engage in drinking are more likely to perform worse at school. I didn’t want drinking to be the reason I wasn’t able to go to the college of my choice.
4) I Pass On It because using drugs and alcohol is against the law for someone my age. I have plenty of things to worry about, and don’t want paying for a ticket or a lawyer to be one of them!
5) I Pass On It because I have two younger brothers and want to set a good example to them.
HALEY IS A SECOND-YEAR STUDENT AT MIAMI UNIVERSITY OF OHIO AND IS MAJORING IN ECONOMICS WITH MINORS IN FINANCE AND MANAGEMENT. SHE IS AN ACTIVE MEMBER OF ZETA TAU ALPHA SORORITY, AS WELL AS PUBLIC RELATIONS SOCIETY OF AMERICA (PRSA).