Growing up can be stressful, and almost all children experience stress at some point in their lives. And in today's fast-paced, social media-driven, high-pressured culture, teens are reporting higher levels of stress and anxiety than ever before. Please take some time to read the articles below to understand what is trending, and share the resources below to help your kid(s) understand and manage their levels of stress and anxiety.
Recommended SBFC Video Featuring South Bay Teens
Statistics in the Beach Cities
Recommended National Articles
- Why Are More American Teens Suffering From Severe Anxiety? (New York Times)
- Suicide on Campus and the Pressure of Perfection (New York Times)
Apps and Videos to Share with Your Kids
- Calm: Need a little more calm in your life? Now available for iPhone or on calm.com, Calm can help you meditate, sleep, relax, focus and much more.
- Mental Workout®: Freedom from Stress and Mindfulness Meditation are just two of the great free lite programs in this app.
- Smiling Mind: Smiling Mind is meditation made easy. A simple tool that helps put a smile on your mind anytime, anywhere and everyday.
- Stop, Breathe, Think: Get meditating in 5 minutes. Easy. With this app, you can develop and apply kindness and compassion in your daily life through a process called STOP, BREATHE & THINK.