Growing up can be stressful, and almost all children experience stress at some point in their lives. It is a completely normal thing that many people deal with! Whether it be the stress for an elementary school child to complete their homework, or the stress of a middle schooler to manage their social life, or the stress of a senior in high school to apply for college, this page is here to help guide you and your child through whatever it may be that is causing them stress.
- Helping kids cope with stress (Kids Health from Nemours)
- Teens Talk About stress (Teen Health from Nemours)
Suicide on Campus and the Pressure of Perfection (New York Times)
Resources below provided by MindfulNYU:
Audio Resources for Stress Relief
Please keep in mind that mindfulness techniques are meant to be used in conjunction with, not as a substitution for, services offered by trained health professionals.
- Calm: Need a little more calm in your life? Now available for iPhone or on calm.com, Calm can help you meditate, sleep, relax, focus and much more.
- Mental Workout®: Freedom from Stress and Mindfulness Meditation are just two of the great free lite programs in this app.
- Smiling Mind: Smiling Mind is meditation made easy. A simple tool that helps put a smile on your mind anytime, anywhere and everyday.
- Stop, Breathe, Think: Get meditating in 5 minutes. Easy. With this app, you can develop and apply kindness and compassion in your daily life through a process called STOP, BREATHE & THINK.